Amlodipine 2.5 mg (per tablet) (Manufacturer may vary)
Amlodipine besylate is in a class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It affects the heart and blood vessels and is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), especially in cats with kidney disease.
- Treats high blood pressure in cats and dogs
- Used to decrease blood pressure in animals with chronic kidney disease
- Also used as an adjunct medication in the treatment of congestive heart failure in dogs
How It Works
Amlodipine treats dogs and cats suffering from various heart conditions including high blood pressure and congestive heart failure. It belongs to a general class of drugs known as dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers. Therefore, it effectively blocks calcium channels, reducing the contraction of the heart muscle and dilating the arteries. This medications slows the heart beat, lowering blood pressure and making the heart pump blood more efficiently.
Amlodipine besylate tablets are a calcium channel blocker and may be used alone or in combination with otherantihypertensive and antianginal agents for the treatment of:
- Amlodipine besylate tablets are indicated for the treatment of hypertension, to lower blood pressure. Loweringblood pressure reduces the risk of fatal and nonfatal cardiovascular events, primarily strokes and myocardialinfarctions.
Coronary Artery Disease
- Chronic Stable AnginaVasospastic Angina (Prinzmetal’s or Variant Angina)
- Angiographically Documented Coronary Artery Disease in patients without heart failure or an ejection fraction < 40%.
There are no reviews yet.